Thursday, October 19, 2017

Seeking His Will, Sowing His Word


"With my whole heart have I sought Thee… Thy Word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against Thee" (Psalm 119:10,11).  "Hear counsel… that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end... the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand" (Proverbs 19:21).  "Sow to yourselves in righteousness, reap in mercy; break up your fallow ground: for it is time to seek the LORD" (Hosea 10:12).  "How often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!" (Matthew 23:37).    

With all of our heart let us seek
The counsel of God's perfect will
With joy as we hear our Lord speak
Of promises He will fulfill. 

The Word of our Lord makes us wise
As we are upheld by His hand. 
His counsel that fools will despise
Shall nevertheless surely stand. 

We'll reap what we're sowing today
In fruit we will harvest tomorrow. 
The Lord, whom we seek to obey,
Gives joy that replaces our sorrow. 

While seeking Your will, Lord, we find
We're sowing Your Word with Your thought 
To those who are willfully blind: 
"I would… and [alas] you would not!" 


No comments: