Saturday, October 07, 2017

Awakened with Amazement


"O God, my heart is fixed… I myself will awake early.  I will praise Thee, O LORD… For Thy mercy is great above the heavens: and Thy truth reacheth unto the clouds" (Psalm 108:1-4).  "O man greatly beloved, fear not: peace be unto thee… I will show thee that which is noted in the Scripture of truth" (Daniel 10:19,21).  "He that hath ears to hear, let him hear… Come unto Me, all ye that labor and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest… for I am meek and lowly in heart: and ye shall find rest unto your souls" (Matthew 11:15,28,29). 

O let my weary eyes awake  
To fix my heart on things above,
Beholding Christ, who for my sake
Laid down His life in matchless love! 

Let not my hearing now be dull;
Let not my vision be obscured  
As God is speaking to my soul
To show me treasures in His Word.   

I hear Him say, "Come unto Me,"
And as my eyes are to Him raised,
The peace He gives so graciously  
Has left me speechless and amazed! 

My heart is now awakened, Lord,
And with amazement I am blest
As Your salvation is explored
That promises Your perfect rest! 


No comments: