Saturday, October 21, 2017

Remove the Lies, Restore the Love


"Remove from me the way of lying: and grant me Thy law graciously… I will run the way of Thy commandments, when Thou shalt enlarge my heart" (Psalm 119:29,32).  "He that followeth after righteousness and mercy findeth life, righteousness, and honor" (Proverbs 21:21).  "Turn thou to thy God: keep mercy and judgment, and wait on thy God continually" (Hosea 12:6).  "Unto every one that hath shall be given, and he shall have abundance: but from him that hath not shall be taken away even that which he hath" (Matthew 25:29). 

Let every false way be removed,
Enlarging room for Christ my Lord. 
Let indecision be reproved,
That I may run with strength restored. 

Let righteousness direct my way
With mercy as my Shepherd leads 
As I am strengthened to obey
With grace sufficient for my needs. 

Let turning to the Lord be hasted,
Since time leads to eternity,
For why should life be further wasted
On vain pursuits distracting me? 

O Lord, remove the lies at last;
Let vain distractions now depart.
Too many wasted days have passed;
Restore the first love of my heart. 


No comments: