Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Seek and Speak

"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path… Accept, I beseech Thee, the freewill offerings of my mouth, O LORD, and teach me Thy judgments" (Psalm 119:105,108).  "Open thy mouth for the dumb in the cause of all such as are appointed to destruction" (Proverbs 31:8).  "Seek Him that… turneth the shadow of death into the morning… The LORD is His name" (Amos 5:8).  "[They] were beyond measure astonished, saying, He hath done all things well: He maketh both the deaf to hear, and the dumb to speak" (Mark 7:37). 

The Word of God has been my light
To guide my feet upon His path. 
His judgments teach me what is right;
His mercy rescued me from wrath. 

I had no message for the lost
Before I sought the Lord with fear,
But when I did, I saw the cost
That Christ had paid to draw me near. 

He turned death's shadow into day
And washed away my sin and shame. 
He gave me words of truth to say
To magnify His holy name. 

O Lord, by grace You bid me come  
To seek and speak of Your salvation.
Since I'm no longer deaf and dumb,
Your Gospel is my proclamation.  




No comments: