Thursday, October 05, 2017

Learning from the Lord


"My son, attend unto My wisdom, and bow thine ear to My understanding… for the ways of man are before the eyes of the LORD, and He pondereth all his goings" (Proverbs 5:1,21).  "When I… Daniel… sought for the meaning… he said unto me, Understand, O son of man: for at the time of the end shall be the vision" (Daniel 8:15,17).  "Go ye and learn what that meaneth, I will have mercy… the multitudes marveled, saying, It was never so seen in Israel… When He saw the multitudes, He was moved with compassion on them" (Matthew 9:13,33,36).

If we will attend to God's Word,
We'll learn from the Lord who is speaking.
If we will obey what we've heard,
He'll give us the wisdom we're seeking. 

When Daniel was seeking to know  
The meaning of visions God sent,
The Lord sent his angel to show
The truth of each future event. 

We learn from our Lord Jesus Christ
The meaning of heaven's compassion:  
He was for our souls sacrificed
With love never seen in this fashion!

O Lord, we are learning from You
How far heaven's mercy can reach 
As we have observed what You do
And we have obeyed what You teach.  


No comments: