Wednesday, October 25, 2017

Time to Turn


"I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies.  I made haste" (Psalm 119:59,60).  "As the cold of snow in the time of harvest, so is a faithful messenger… As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country" (Proverbs 25:13,25).   "Whosoever shall call on the name of the LORD shall be delivered" (Joel 2:32).  "Jesus came into Galilee, preaching the Gospel of the kingdom of God, and saying, The time is fulfilled, and the kingdom of God is at hand: repent ye, and believe the Gospel" (Mark 1:14,15).

I heard the call of Christ the Savior
And joyfully to Him I hasted
To find my refuge in His favor,
For why should time be further wasted? 

As good news from a country far,
As waters cold to quench my thirst,
As heaven's faithful guiding star,
The Gospel blesses those once cursed. 

I called upon the Savior's name; 
There was no other saving path. 
He washed away my sin and shame
And saved me from eternal wrath. 

O Lord, the time to turn to You
Had come by Your own invitation! 
Your calling that I now pursue 
Is making known Your great salvation. 


No comments: