Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Viewing His Vows


"Thy vows are upon me, O God… For Thou hast delivered my soul from death: wilt not Thou deliver my feet from falling?" (Psalm 56:12,13).  "By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil" (Proverbs 16:6).  "They shall know that I am the LORD, and that I have not said in vain that I would do this" (Ezekiel 6:10).  "Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, and cometh down from the Father of lights, with whom is no variableness, neither shadow of turning" (James 1:17).

The vows of Jesus Christ my Lord  
Which were completed on the cross
Remind me why I have adored
The One who purged my sins as dross.

My Lord was by His own love urged
To make His vows of truth and grace,
And thus my sins by Him were purged  
When Jesus bore them in my place.

The vows of Christ were not in vain
Which were foretold in prophecy.
The Scriptures made it very plain
That Christ would purge iniquity. 

O Christ, as I now view Your vows
To bring salvation from above,
My heart in worship humbly bows,
Astonished at Your wondrous love!  


No comments: