Tuesday, August 01, 2017

Flee to His Favor


"By this I know that Thou favorest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.  And as for me, Thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before Thy face forever" (Psalm 41:11,12).  "Turn you at My reproof… Whoso hearkeneth unto Me shall dwell safely, and shall be quiet from fear of evil" (Proverbs 1:23,33).  "Flee, save your lives" (Jeremiah 48:6).  "Not by works of righteousness which we have done, but according to His mercy He saved us… abundantly through Jesus Christ our Savior" (Titus 3:5,6). 

My enemy has been put down,
As my accuser surely knows. 
My Savior wears the Victor's crown,
Who triumphed over all my foes. 

Though many choose to stand aloof
As they refuse God's saving grace,  
The Lord is calling with reproof
To find in Him a hiding place. 

It is through Christ the soul survives
The final battle with the grave. 
All those who trust Him save their lives,
For Jesus Christ alone can save.

It's not by works that I have done;  
I flee instead to You, my Savior!
It was the battle that You won 
That gave me refuge in Your favor.  


No comments: