Saturday, August 19, 2017

Delightful Defense


"Unto thee, O my Strength, will I sing: for God is my Defense, and the God of my mercy" (Psalm 59:17).  "The fear of the LORD tendeth to life: and he that hath it shall abide satisfied; he shall not be visited with evil" (Proverbs 19:23).  "But He giveth more grace.  Wherefore He saith, God resisteth the proud, but giveth grace unto the humble.  Submit yourselves therefore to God.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.  Draw nigh to God, and He will draw nigh to you" (James 4:6-8).

The Lord my God is my Defense,
I need not fear what man can do. 
His mercy is my confidence,
And every word of God is true. 

The fear of God has taught me well
To trust alone in Jesus Christ
Who came to rescue me from hell
And for my soul was sacrificed. 

I'm resting in His saving grace
Which He has given to the humble
Who find in Him their Hiding Place
And restoration when they stumble. 

I am no match against the foe
Who, as a lion, would devour,
Yet it's delightful, Lord, to know
That my defense is in Your power!  




No comments: