Monday, August 21, 2017

Being Born


"Lead me to the rock that is higher than I" (Psalm 61:2).  "A wicked man hardeneth his face: but as for the upright, He directeth his way" (Proverbs 21:29).  "I will give them one heart, and I will put a new spirit within you; and I will take the stony heart out of their flesh, and will give them an heart of flesh… and they shall be My people, and I will be their God" (Ezekiel 11:19-20).  "Being born again, not of corruptible seed, but of incorruptible, by the Word of God, which liveth and abideth for ever" (1 Peter 1:23). 

There was a height impossible
We could not hope to climb on earth
Until the Lord redeemed our soul
And gave to us a second birth.

The rebel hardens still his face,
Content at last to go astray. 
The upright trusts in saving grace
As God directs him in His way. 

To those who humbly yet will hear it,
The Lord extends His great salvation,
Wherein He gives us a new spirit,
Thus being born by transformation. 

Lord, being born now by Your Word,
With harvest fields that are in view,
We preach the Gospel we have heard
Directing precious souls to You.  


No comments: