Tuesday, August 15, 2017

Saving and Sustaining


"As for me, I will call upon God; and the LORD shall save me… Cast Thy burden upon the LORD, and He shall sustain thee: He shall never suffer the righteous to be moved" (Psalm 55:16,22).  "He heareth the prayer of the righteous" (Proverbs 15:29).  "Now the God of peace, that brought again from the dead our Lord Jesus, that great Shepherd of the sheep… make you perfect in every good work to do His will, working in you that which is well-pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ; to whom be glory forever and ever. Amen." (Hebrews 13:20,21). 

I know that God will hear my prayer
And save me by His strong command. 
I'll cast upon Him all my care,
And He'll sustain me with His hand. 

I know that Jesus died for me
And that He rose up from the grave. 
I know His truth has made me free
And that His name alone can save. 

How great my risen Shepherd is!
How good it is to hear His voice! 
He guards and guides those who are His,
And in His care, His sheep rejoice. 

Lord, lead me upward to the place
Where I am pleasing in Your sight
By Your perfecting, saving grace
And by Your great sustaining might.  


No comments: