Thursday, August 17, 2017

Finest Friend


"I will cry unto God Most High; unto God that performeth all things for me.  He shall send from heaven, and save me from the reproach of him that would swallow me up. Selah. God shall send forth His mercy and His truth" (Psalm 57:2,3).  "A Friend loveth at all times, and a Brother is born for adversity" (Proverbs 17:17).  "The end is come: it watcheth for thee; behold, it is come" (Ezekiel 7:6).  "Abraham believed God, and it was imputed unto him for righteousness: and he was called the friend of God" (James 2:23). 

I have a Friend who hears my cry;  
He is my Captain of salvation
Exalted as the Lord most high,
To whom I make my supplication. 

He saved me when I was a youth
When there was no one else who cared. 
He sent His mercy and His truth
Which, on His cross, He had prepared. 

It was for this my Lord was born
In times of great adversity. 
He was the object of the scorn
Of wretched sinners just like me.   

O Lord, I join with Abraham
Who knew You as his finest Friend,
Foreseeing You would be the Lamb
That God provided in the end! 


No comments: