Friday, January 06, 2017

Upward Understanding


"My voice shalt Thou hear in the morning, O LORD; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto Thee, and will look up… Lead me, O LORD, in Thy righteousness because of mine enemies; make Thy way straight before my face" (Psalm 5:3,8).  "My son, keep thy Father's commandment… When thou goest, it shall lead thee; when thou sleepest, it shall keep thee; and when thou awakest, it shall talk with thee" (Proverbs 6:20-22).  "Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that watcheth" (Revelation 16:15).     

I lift my voice to God each morning,
And His voice also I have heard. 
His comfort, counsel, and His warning
Are waiting for me in His Word. 

I'm looking upward every day
To God, who knows what I will face
With snares and trials in my way,
Yet He protects me by His grace. 

He leads me upward with His hand;
He keeps me when I sleep at night.  
He wakes me up with His command, 
And in His presence I delight.

O Lord, I've heard Your voice commanding 
To watch and pray till You return. 
This is the upward understanding
By which You lead me as I learn. 


No comments: