Thursday, January 19, 2017

So shall I be Saved


"I will call upon the LORD, who is worthy to be praised: so shall I be saved" (Psalm 18:3).  "Hear counsel… that thou mayest be wise in thy latter end… the counsel of the LORD, that shall stand… The fear of the Lord tendeth to life" (Proverbs 19:20-23).   "Enter ye in at the strait gate: for wide is the gate, and broad is the way, that leadeth to destruction, and many there be which go in thereat: because strait is the gate, and narrow is the way, which leadeth unto life, and few there be that find it" (Matthew 7:13,14). 

I know the God who answers prayer;
I've studied how He has behaved. 
I called on Him, and He was there
To answer me when I was saved. 

God's counsel found in prophecy
Provides a record very plain
Displaying His integrity;
My trust in Him is not in vain.  

The counsel of the Lord shall stand;
And so shall I on Him I depend. 
No foe can pluck me from His hand;
I know He's faithful to the end. 

The way to hell is surely broad,
Destroying sinners so mistaken,
Yet so shall I be saved, O God,
For none who trust You are forsaken.  


No comments: