Sunday, January 29, 2017

Hastening to Hear


"O LORD my Rock; be not silent to me: lest, if Thou be silent to me, I become like them that go down into the pit… They regard not the works of the LORD" (Psalm 28:1,5).  "While he [Peter] yet spake, behold, a bright cloud overshadowed them: and behold a voice out of the cloud, which said, This is My beloved Son, in whom I am well pleased; hear ye Him… And Jesus came and touched them, and said, Arise, and be not afraid.  And when they had lifted up their eyes, they saw no man, save Jesus only " (Matthew 17:5-8). 

I'd rather hear my Savior talk
Than so-called scholars of our day.    
He is my Fortress and my Rock;
I'll wait to hear what He will say. 

My Lord communicates to me
Throughout the pages of His Word. 
How tragic would His silence be
If His communion was not heard! 

At times, like Peter, if I'm speaking
When I should hear what He has said,   
It would be better to be seeking
Instruction from His Word instead. 

As Peter heard Your chastening,
O Lord, which made Your counsel known,
I likewise would be hastening
To hear and heed Your voice alone.  


No comments: