Sunday, February 08, 2015

Hope Found in Him Forever


"I cannot find one wise man among you.... And where is now my hope?  As for my hope, who shall see it?" (Job 17:10,15).  "But mine eyes are unto Thee, O GOD the Lord: in Thee is my trust" (Psalm 141:8).  "Whoso findeth Me findeth life, and shall obtain favor of the LORD" (Proverbs 8:35).  "Jesus said unto them... All that the Father giveth Me shall come to Me; and him that cometh to Me I will in no wise cast out" (John 6:35-37).

How many profess they are wise,  
Yet cannot declare where they're bound
The moment that one of them dies! 
So where is my hope to be found?  

It isn't a hopeless endeavor
To search for the hope a soul needs. 
There's hope found in Jesus forever;
To Him all the evidence leads! 

My eyes turn to God, for they must!
My ears turn to Jesus my Lord! 
There's no one but Him I can trust;
An error I cannot afford! 

In Jesus I find heaven's favor
Who laid down His life for my soul. 
I've searched, and there's no other Savior;
I rest in His mercies so full! 

How plainly my Savior has said
That He will not cast me away. 
How bright is the future ahead
And clear is His promise today! 

My hope, Lord, is anchored in You,
And not in another's opinion.  
I rest in Your promises true,
Since You have displayed Your dominion. 

Lord, thank You for drawing my heart
To hope that is built on the rock
Of evidence that You impart
Despite those who blindly will mock. 

O Lord, as I look on the field,
I pray that the hopeless and blind
Will search for the truth You revealed;
There's no other hope they can find. 


No comments: