Thursday, February 05, 2015

Heroic Hands


"I wait, till my change come. Thou shalt call, and I will answer Thee: Thou wilt have a desire to the work of Thine hands" (Job 14:14,15).  "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, Thou wilt revive me: Thou shalt stretch forth Thine hand against the wrath of mine enemies, and Thy right hand shall save me... Forsake not the works of Thine own hands" (Psalm 138:7,8).  "The Father loveth the Son, and hath given all things into His hand.  He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life" (John 3:35,36).

The day will come when God shall call,  
And in His presence I shall be. 
I'll answer, thanking Him for all
The work His hands bestowed on me. 

The fight He fought for me was fierce! 
His victory forever stands!
I'll see where nails once did pierce,
Beholding His heroic hands!

Though trouble comes upon my path
The Lord is stretching forth His arm:
His hand extends against the wrath
Of enemies who seek my harm. 

The right hand of my Lord will save
And hold my hand in every case. 
His heart of love for me will crave
His workmanship in me of grace. 

The Father's love for Christ was great,
Far more than we can understand,
And yet He did not hesitate
To give our souls into His hand. 

Heroic hands, which fought our strife,
Have won what we could never win!
The spoil?  Everlasting life
And the removal of our sin! 

O Lord, we gratefully applaud
Heroic hands that fought for us! 
You gave Yourself, O Lamb of God;
Your matchless love is marvelous!  


No comments: