Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Liberated from Lies


"I know that my Redeemer liveth, and that He shall stand at the latter day upon the earth: and though after my skin worms destroy this body, yet in my flesh shall I see God: whom I shall see for myself, and mine eyes shall behold" (Job 19:25-27).  "Then said Jesus to those Jews which believed on Him, If ye continue in My word, then are ye My disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free" (John 8:31,32).

I know that my Redeemer lives!
My heart rejoices, for it knows
The truth that God forever gives
Is backed by evidence He shows! 

How clearly Job could likewise see
That his Redeemer yet would stand
Upon the earth where Job would be,
Since this is what the Lord had planned.  

This wasn't wishful thinking then
That prompted Job to speak this word,
For God declared redemption when
The fall of Adam had occurred. 

Our Savior was the promised Seed
Who bruised the serpent's head for us.
Now by His truth our souls are freed
By Christ who was victorious!

How sweet now is this liberation
That rests in all that God has said!
We are made free by the salvation
Of Christ who rose up from the dead!

O Lord, we thank for Your favor;
We know that all You say is true. 
You gave Yourself to be our Savior,
Fulfilling what You said You'd do. 

You liberated us from lies,
O Lord; those prison bars are broken!
Your record clearly testifies
That we can trust the Word You've spoken. 


No comments: