Friday, February 06, 2015

Aware Afar


"O LORD, Thou hast searched me, and known me... Thou understandest my thought afar off... and art acquainted with all my ways.  For there is not a word in my tongue, but, lo, O LORD, Thou knowest it altogether... How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God!" (Psalm 139:1-4,17).  "Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of Him, and He would have given thee living water" (John 4:10). 

The Lord has searched and known my heart;
He knows afar my every care.
He knows my ways, my inward part;
Before I speak, He is aware.

How marvelous this knowledge is,
To know He thinks on me this way,    
And I may ponder thoughts of His
Which in His Word He will convey!

How precious are His thoughts to me! 
How kind He is to thus reveal
His longings from eternity
To save my soul which He would heal! 

I see my Savior's heart compel
His feet to take the path He knew
Would meet the woman at the well;
Foreknowing what she'd say and do. 

If she had known the gift He gave
And who it was that asked for drink,
She'd ask of Him and He would save
Her soul, foretelling what she'd think! 

Thus joyful as a new born daughter,
God's fountain then would spring within,
And she would drink the living water
From Christ who washed away her sin. 

O Lord, You were aware afar,
Yes even there from heaven's throne,
Before You made a single star,
That You'd redeem me as Your own. 

Lord, thank You for this illustration!
Aware afar thus of my thirst,
You drew my heart to Your salvation,
And for my blessing, You were cursed! 

Aware afar, Lord, of my case,
You gave Yourself to save my soul. 
I am astonished at Your grace
And speechless at Your love so full!  


No comments: