Wednesday, November 12, 2014

Quiet Time Poems: Treasures New and Old

Quiet Time Poems: Treasures New and Old  

QUIET TIME POEMS: Treasures New and Old. "Then said He unto them, Therefore every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old" (Matthew 13:52). Here are 2,656 poems (drawn from the last eight years of my poems on my Quiet Time Poems blog) which reflect the intimate communion of our Lord, "Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us Wisdom" (1 Corinthians 1:30), who daily extends this invitation: "Blessed is the man that heareth Me, watching daily at My gates, waiting at the posts of My doors" (Proverbs 8:34). How sweetly has the Lord fulfilled this promise day by day over the years. I am still waiting for my first copy from the publisher, but I noticed that it is already on sale at Amazon.com (released November 6, 2014). May God use this collection of "Treasures New and Old" from the Scriptures for His glory.



About the book  
Every day there are treasures to be discovered by anyone who will honestly come to hear the voice of the Savior in His Word.  The Lord Jesus indicates that there is an added blessing for those who will write down the insights He gives by His instruction:  "Every scribe which is instructed unto the kingdom of heaven is like unto a man that is an householder, which bringeth forth out of his treasure things new and old" (Matthew 13:52). The poems in this book are the result of going to the Bible each day with an expectation that God has something very valuable to say.  That expectation has NEVER been disappointed. Our risen Lord said, "I stand at the door and knock. If any man hears My voice and opens the door, I will come into him and will sup with him, and he with Me" (Revelation 3:20). This intimate, two-way communion with God is offered to all those who have received the Lord Jesus Christ (John 1:12), and thereby "have received, not the spirit of the world, but the Spirit which is of God, that we might know the things that are freely given to us by God" (1 Corinthians 2:12). My prayer is that God may use this book for His glory, for the encouragement of His own children, and for the persuasion of those who may yet be awakened to their need of our Savior. "Blessed is the man that heareth Me, watching daily at My gates, waiting at the post of My doors" (Proverbs 8:34). Heaven is waiting.  Don't miss it for the world.  



No comments: