Sunday, November 09, 2014

Set to Seek

"Be strong, and of good courage... Arise therefore, and be doing, and the LORD be with thee... Now set your heart and your soul to seek the LORD your God; arise therefore, and build ye the sanctuary of the LORD God" (1 Chronicles 22:16,19).  "I will hope continually, and will yet praise Thee more and more... I will go in the strength of the Lord GOD: I will make mention of Thy righteousness, even of Thine only" (Psalm 71:14-16). 

Arise, my soul!  God's will pursue! 
Now set your heart to seek the Lord
And do what you are called to do
With strength His Spirit shall afford. 

Arise, therefore!  Be doing now
Whatever work the Lord commands! 
The grace your Savior will endow
Shall strengthen thus your heart and hands. 

There is a call to apprehend;
There is a purpose to fulfill. 
Be sure, my soul, that to the end
The Lord gives strength to do His will.

Now set, therefore, your heart and soul
To praise the Lord yet more and more
And let this be your single goal: 
To please the Savior you adore.

Make mention of His righteousness
And of His righteousness alone. 
The bride of Christ now wears the dress
Of righteousness that is His own! 

O Lord, the Author of all grace,
My soul rejoices in Your love! 
My heart is set to seek Your face
Where You are now enthroned above. 

Be glorified, my Lord and Savior,
As You are pleased to let me speak
To people set to seek Your favor,
Who find in You the rest they seek. 


No comments: