Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Guided to Glory


"So foolish was I, and ignorant: I was as a beast before Thee.   Nevertheless I am continually with Thee: Thou hast holden me by my right hand.  Thou shalt guide me with Thy counsel, and afterward receive me to glory.  Whom have I in heaven but Thee?  And there is none upon earth that I desire beside Thee.  My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion forever" (Psalm 73:22-28). 

The psalmist raised the bitter cry
Expressing shame he felt within
With which we can identify
When we have gone astray in sin. 

"So foolish was I and ignorant!"
At God's reproof, our heart is broken,
And though our folly is abhorrent,
How gently has our Lord then spoken! 

For even when our hearts are hardened,
Our Lord is holding our right hand. 
At our confession, we are pardoned,
Completely cleansed, and made to stand! 

Thus guided by our Shepherd's love,
We find His counsel is the best,
Until we are received above
To glory in His perfect rest. 

Now whom have we, O Lord, but You
In heaven with such matchless worth?
And no one loves us like You do
As You are guiding us on earth. 

Lord, as You guide us on to glory
We pray for souls to seek Your face,
And yearn to tell to them the story
Of how You saved us by Your grace. 

So guide us, Lord, to fertile ground
To sow the seeds of Your salvation
Until in glory we are found
Rejoicing in Your exaltation!  


No comments: