Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Intimate Intercessor


“In Thee, O LORD, do I hope: Thou wilt hear, O Lord my God… Forsake me not, O LORD: O my God, be not far from me.  Make haste to help me, O Lord my Salvation.” (Psalm 38:15,21,22).  “Wherefore He [Jesus] is able also to save them to the uttermost that come unto God by Him, seeing He ever liveth to make intercession for them” (Hebrews 7:25). 

In Christ we have our expectation,
For He will not forsake His own. 
He is the Lord of our salvation;
We trust in Him, and Him alone. 

We know we shall not be forsaken,
For this is what our Lord declares. 
We know He cannot be mistaken
And we can cast on Him our cares. 

We trust in Him for He is able
To meet the deepest of our needs. 
He satisfies us at His table
And for us ever intercedes.   

We know our Savior is not far;
He’s close enough to hold our hand. 
He walks beside us where we are
And daily gives us strength to stand. 

We trust in Him because He lives;  
He rose triumphant from the grave!
The peace and pardon that He gives   
Was bought for souls He came to save. 

O Lord, our God and Intercessor,
We stand amazed at what You do: 
You draw the heart of the transgressor
To flee from wrath and trust in You!

O Lord, You have removed transgression
From those You’ve intimately drawn!   
We join with You in intercession
To reach the lost before they’re gone. 


No comments: