Monday, October 20, 2014

Cleansing and Commission


“Create in me a clean heart, O God; and renew a right spirit within me… Then will I teach transgressors thy ways; and sinners shall be converted unto Thee” (Psalm 51:10-13).  “Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?” (Proverbs 20:9).  “But ye are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, an holy nation, a peculiar people; that ye should shew forth the praises of Him who hath called you out of darkness into His marvelous light” (1 Peter 2:9). 

We have no power to impart
The cleansing that we need within. 
The Lord alone can cleanse our heart
That we may thus be pure from sin. 

The Lord commissions us as well
When He renews a heart that’s right
To follow in His steps and tell
The Gospel truth that sheds His light. 

We are a chosen generation
By God for such a time as this,
A royal priesthood, holy nation,
And now a people who are His. 

We show the praises of our Savior
Who out of darkness rescued us
And called us by His loving favor
To walk in light so marvelous!

Lord, what were we that You would look
With love upon us on that day 
When as the Lamb of God You took
Our sins and purged them all away?

Lord, thank You for Your cleansing grace
With Your commission that You give
To preach the Gospel in this place,
Where sinners yet may look and live.  


No comments: