Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Divine Defense


“God is my Defense, and the God of my mercy” (Psalm 59:17).  “He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy… He that trusteth in his own heart is a fool” (Proverbs 28:13,26).  “If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness…If any man sin, we have an Advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the Righteous” (1 John 1:9; 2:1). 

I trust the Lord as my Defender;
I have no other confidence. 
I find my refuge in surrender
To Him alone as my Defense.  

How often He has rescued me
As He has searched my inward part
With His reproof that set me free
From trusting in my foolish heart.

He knows my heart is still inclined
To go astray in foolishness,
Yet He is faithful, just, and kind
To cleanse my heart when I confess. 

He calls me back into His light
Where sins confessed are then forsaken.
He leads me in the way that’s right,
And shows me where I was mistaken. 

He is my Advocate and Savior: 
He shows His wounds to plead my cause! 
He covers me with saving favor;
With cords of love my heart He draws. 

O Lord, my soul’s Defense Divine,
You’ve heard my soul’s accuser roar. 
My sins are listed, line by line,
But You remember them no more! 

It was for me, O Lord, You died;
Divine Defense had such a cost!
Your justice has been satisfied;
Your ransom justifies the lost!

Lord, send me with the declaration
That Your Divine Defense is true! 
You died to purchase our salvation;
You live to save those trusting You! 


No comments: