Friday, October 10, 2014

Faithful Favor


“By this I know that Thou favorest me, because mine enemy doth not triumph over me.  And as for me, Thou upholdest me in mine integrity, and settest me before Thy face forever.  Blessed be the LORD God of Israel from everlasting, and to everlasting.  Amen, and Amen” (Psalm 41:11-13).  “Let us hold fast the profession of our faith without wavering, for He is faithful that promised” (Hebrews 10:23). 

By this I know God favors me: 
He saved my soul from condemnation. 
He stands against my enemy
And nullifies his accusation. 

The Lord is faithful, ever holy,
Yet He extends to me His favor.  
As Lamb of God, so meek and lowly,
He gave Himself to be my Savior. 

Though Satan now against me rages,
He cannot change what Christ has done!
I’ll praise the Lord through endless ages
Who fought to save me, and He won! 

I do not trust in my endeavor;
My foe is greater than I am. 
I’ll praise my faithful Lord forever
With all who magnify the Lamb!

I’m holding fast to my profession,  
For Christ is faithful, this I know!  
He cleansed my soul of each transgression
And triumphed thus against my foe! 

Lord, thank You for Your faithful love
That favors me with saving grace
And sets my hope on things above
Where I shall see You face to face. 

Until that time, Lord, let me live
To show Your faithfulness each day
With saving favor that You give
To those who trust You while they may.   


No comments: