Friday, October 24, 2014

Comfort in Casting

"As for me, I will call upon God, and the Lord shall save me.  Evening, and morning, and at noon, will I pray, and cry aloud:  and He shall hear my voice.... Cast Thy burden upon the Lord, and He shall sustain thee" (Psalm 55:16,17,22).

At evening, and morning, and noon I will pray;
I’m comforted knowing the Lord hears my voice.
He hears me whatever the time of the day;
He hears me in sorrow and when I rejoice. 

I'll cast all my burden on Jesus my Lord;
He called me to do so when I came to Him.
The comfort He gives is abundantly poured;
My cup He is filling runs over the brim.

O Lord, I recall that my burden of sin
Was laid upon You when you died on the cross. 
Before I was born You had purposed to win
My soul which You saved from unspeakable loss! 

Lord, thank You for making Your counsel so plain
That calls me to cast every burden on You,
As You are providing the grace to sustain
And comfort my heart with the strength You renew. 

No comments: