Friday, March 01, 2013

Righteous Reality

“Righteous art Thou, O LORD… Thy testimonies that Thou hast commanded are righteous and very faithful… Thy word is very pure… I am small and despised: yet do not I forget Thy precepts” (Psalm 119:137-141).  “Turn you at My reproof: behold, I will pour out My Spirit unto you, I will make known My words unto you” (Proverbs 1:23).  “But the manifestation of the Spirit is given to every man to profit withal” (1 Corinthians 12:7). 

I may be small and be despised;
There may be little I can do,
But let this world be advised:
The Word of God is no less true.

God’s Word is pure reality;
His righteousness is on display.
His truth endures eternally,
Though earth and heaven pass away.  

The foes of God may stand aloof
And stubbornly resist His Spirit,
Ignoring God’s prophetic proof,
Refusing honestly to hear it.

The Spirit of the Lord will strive,
And thereby some He thus will save.
We must respond when we’re alive!
There is no Gospel in the grave.

God manifests His Spirit thus
To bring His righteousness to light,
To show His grace and truth to us,
And save us from our sinful plight!

O Lord, we stand amazed at grace
That satisfies Your righteousness!
Now help us reach this human race
With Gospel truth by which You bless.

No comments: