Monday, March 25, 2013

Precious Presence

“How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me, O God!  How great is the sum of them!  If I should count them, they are more in number than the sand: when I awake, I am still with Thee” (Psalm 139:17,18).  As cold waters to a thirsty soul, so is good news from a far country” (Proverbs 25:25).  “The LORD of hosts hath sworn, saying, Surely as I have thought, so shall it come to pass; and as I have purposed, so shall it stand” (Isaiah 14:24).  “Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who hath blessed us with all spiritual blessings in heavenly places in Christ… In whom ye also trusted, after that ye heard the Word of truth, the Gospel of your salvation: in whom also after that ye believed, ye were sealed with that Holy Spirit of promise” (Ephesians 1:3-13). 

I’ve heard the promise God will keep:
My soul He never will forsake! 
He never leaves me when I sleep,
And He is there when I awake! 

His precious presence!  How it seems
That this is just a wishful thought  
Or chief of all my wildest dreams,
But when I wake, I know it’s not!

As waters to my thirsty soul,
O, this is good news at its best! 
In Christ is heaven’s treasure full;
His precious presence is my rest.

I see an endless inventory
Of blessings that proceed from Him.
His presence is the greatest glory
That fills my cup beyond the brim.

The Lord of hosts in truth has said,
“As I have thought, so shall it come.”
How precious are His thoughts I’ve read!
How numberless, like sand, their sum!

His precious presence thus is sealed,
When we receive Him, by His Spirit. 
How good this news is He’s revealed,
As waters cool to those who hear it!

O Lord, we thank You for Your Word
Wherein we hear Your gracious voice. 
Your precious presence, thus assured,
Has thrilled our hearts, and we rejoice!

No comments: