Saturday, March 16, 2013

Pardon and Purpose

“There is forgiveness with Thee, that Thou mayest be feared” (Psalm 130:4).  “By mercy and truth iniquity is purged: and by the fear of the LORD men depart from evil… the LORD directeth his steps” (Proverbs 16:6,9).  “Then said I, Woe is me! For I am undone; because I am a man of unclean lips, and I dwell in the midst of a people of unclean lips: for mine eyes have seen the King, the LORD of hosts.  Then flew one of the seraphims unto me… and said… thine iniquity is taken away, and thy sin purged.  Also I heard the voice of the Lord, saying, Whom shall I send, and who will go for Us? Then said I, Here am I; send me” (Isaiah 6:5-8). 

With pardon and purpose our pathway is cleared
As God sends forgiveness and gives His direction.
Our sins have been cleansed! Let the Lord now be feared!
Our steps in His purpose He guides with perfection.

By mercy and truth is iniquity purged. 
By fearing the Lord we depart from our sin.
We walk in the path where His Spirit has urged, 
For this is His purpose for dwelling within. 

Isaiah lamented and cried, “Woe is me!”
He knew he was sinful with lips yet unclean.
How graciously then did the Lord set him free
When sin had been purged and God’s purpose was seen.

He heard the Lord God saying, “Whom shall I send?”
How great was this calling Isaiah could see! 
Now who was the servant that God would commend? 
Isaiah was ready, and answered “Send me!”

How gracious the Lord is by whom we are pardoned,
Who gives us His grace and His purpose to live!
How foolish are those who are stubbornly hardened
Refusing the Lord and His grace He will give!

O Lord, we give thanks for Your wondrous salvation
Extending Your pardon and purpose in grace!
Now send us as servants with Your proclamation
In Your perfect time and in Your chosen place.

No comments: