Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Perfectly Pure

“Who can say, I have made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin?... Mercy and truth preserve the King: and His throne is upholden by mercy” (Proverbs 20:9,28).  “And what will ye do in the day of visitation?...  To whom will ye flee for help?” (Isaiah 10:3).  “By the works of the law shall no flesh be justified… I live by the faith of the Son of God, who loved me, and gave Himself for me” (Galatians 2:16,20).

There’s none who can truthfully say on this earth:
“I’ve made my heart clean, I am pure from my sin.”
Our sins testify that we’re sinful from birth, 
So that is a case which we never could win. 

There’s only one place that we safely may flee,
In view of our sinful condition so flawed: 
There’s justification by faith we can see
Provided in Jesus, the dear Son of God.   

It’s not by the works of the Law, to be sure,
That God made provision for justification.
It’s only in Christ we are perfectly pure,
Who laid down His life to extend His salvation.

It is by His mercy and truth God has blessed
The souls who have fled to our Lord Jesus Christ. 
In Christ, who is perfectly pure, we find rest,
Who ransomed our souls as the Lamb sacrificed.

His mercy reached out to my soul with His love,
His truth saw the price that He knew He must pay. 
The Son of God loved me!  He came from above
And gave Himself for me on that dreadful day!

O Lord, I give thanks as I ponder Your grace,
Since I was the object of love that You cherished.
Now perfectly pure, since my sins are erased,
I know that without You my soul would have perished.

We love You, O Lord, and we surely know why,
For You gave Yourself:  there’s no more You could give!
We’re perfectly PURE because You came to die;
We’re perfectly SURE, because You ever live!

No comments: