Monday, January 23, 2012

Holy Hunger

"And Moses said unto the Lord... show me Thy way, that I may know thee, that I may find grace in Thy sight.... And He said, My presence shall go with thee, and I will give thee rest.... And he said, I beseech Thee, show me Thy glory. And He said, I will make all My goodness pass before thee" (Exodus 33:12-19). "My son, give Me thine heart, and let thine eyes observe My ways" (Proverbs 23:26). "Behold, there came wise men from the east to Jerusalem, saying, Where is He that is born King of the Jews? For we have seen His star in the east, and are come to worship Him.... And when they were come to the house, they saw the young Child... and fell down, and worshiped Him" (Matthew 2:1,2,11).

A holy hunger ought to grow
To seek our Savior's face,
To see His glory, and to know
His goodness and His grace.

We see this hunger on display
When Moses walked the earth,
And wise men came from far away
To worship Christ at birth.

They didn't wait for others first
To show their interest then;
They had a hunger and a thirst
Uncommon among men.

We dare not wait to seek the Lord
Till others come around,
As hearts by God are now explored,
And apathy is found!

This very moment God invites
Our hearts to now surrender,
And then we find that He delights
To be our hearts' Defender!

O Lord, I've heard Your invitation
To give my heart to You;
I would not halt with hesitation,
Despite what others do!

No comments: