Sunday, January 29, 2012

Awful Alternative

"I am the LORD thy God... open thy mouth wide, and I will fill it. But My people would not hearken to My voice.... So I gave them up unto their own hearts' lust, and they walked in their own counsels" (Psalm 81:10-12). "He that being often reproved, hardeneth his neck, shall suddenly be destroyed, and that without remedy" (Proverbs 29:1).

How awful the alternative
For those who yet refuse to trust
The Lord who died that we might live
And be set free from sinful lust!

How richly God has satisfied
All those who put their trust in Him:
He fills our cup so full inside,
It daily overflows the brim!

How tragic is the consequence
Of hearts that will not heed reproof,
Refusing God as their Defense,
With hardened necks, they stand aloof.

O Lord, we thank You for the choice
Which grants to us Your remedy:
We've heard Your liberating voice!
We know the truth that makes us free!

No comments: