Monday, October 31, 2011

Apprehending His Approval

"I follow after, if that I may apprehend that for which also I am apprehended of Christ Jesus. Brethren, I count not myself to have apprehended: but this one thing I do, forgetting those things which are behind, and reaching forth unto those things which are before, I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus" (Philippians 3:12-14).

There's one thing that I surely need,
And this is what my Lord intended:
That I may apprehend indeed
The purpose I was apprehended.

Forgetting things that are behind
To reach for things before me still,
I'm pressing on that I may find
The center of my Savior's will.

The finish is not far ahead,
So this is where I'll fix my eyes:
To go where Jesus Christ has led
With His approval as my prize.

Lord, thank You for simplicity
That calls me now to do one thing:
To reach for the priority
Of pleasing You, my God and King.

No comments: