Thursday, October 06, 2011

Source of Sufficiency

"I am small and despised: yet I do not forget Thy precepts.... Thy law is the truth" (Psalm 119:141,142). "Not that we are sufficient of ourselves to think anything as of ourselves, but our sufficiency is of God" (2 Corinthians 3:5).

I look up to the stars above,
And I'm convinced that I am small,
Yet I'm the object of God's love,
Though I may be despised by all.

The truth of God does not depend
On whether I am small or great,
Nor on how well I may defend
The precepts that His foes may hate.

For God is God, and there I rest,
For He is my Sufficiency.
He is the Source from which I'm blest,
And my eternal Surety.

Lord, thank You for the peace You give
That comes by knowing You are true.
Because You live, I know I'll live,
And dwell eternally with You.

No comments: