Sunday, October 30, 2011

Wonderful to Wake

"Such knowledge is too wonderful for me; it is high, I cannot attain unto it.... I will praise Thee, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made: marvelous are Thy works, and that my soul knoweth right well.... How precious also are Thy thoughts unto me.... when I awake, I am still with Thee" (Psalm 139:6-18). "Every word of God is pure: He is a shield unto them that put their trust in Him" (Proverbs 30:5).

How wonderful it is to wake
And know the truth is still secure,
Assured that there is no mistake,
For every word of God is pure!

How wonderful it is indeed,
That it has pleased the Lord to show
The way that He has met our need
In things too high for us to know!

How wonderful it is each day
To wake to read our Savior's Word,
To hear and heed what He will say,
And by His precious thoughts be stirred!

How wonderful it is to find
That when we wake our Lord is there
To give His counsel to our mind
And bid us cast on Him our care!

O Lord, Your precious thoughts to us
Are more that we can comprehend,
Yet by them we have learned to trust
Your wondrous love that has no end!

No comments: