Saturday, September 10, 2011

Will before Words

"Return to the Lord thy God.... Take with you words, and turn to the LORD: say unto Him, Take away all iniquity, and receive us graciously.... What have I to do any more with idols? I have heard Him, and observed Him: I am like a green fir tree. From me is Thy fruit found" (Hosea 14:1-8).

Take with you words, but first bring your heart,
For words without heart will produce empty chatter.
Turn to the Lord, and then you may start
To worship the Lord with the words that will matter.

Say to the Lord with an earnest desire,
Lord, take all iniquity in me away.
Lead me, O Lord, to the Rock that is higher,
Renewed by Your Spirit within me each day.

O Lord, we are tired of idols so vain
That draw us away where distractions abound.
We've heard You; we've seen You, and now it is plain,
That You are the Source where our fruit may be found.

No comments: