Thursday, September 08, 2011

War Winner

"Vain is the help of man. Through God we shall do valiantly" (Psalm 108:12-13). "Therefore turn thou to thy God... and wait on thy God continually" (Hosea 12:6). "But I see another law in my members, warring against the law of my mind.... O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 7:24,25).

How vain is the help of a man who would win
The war of the will in the mind of a sinner;
But thanks be to God, by His Spirit within,
We triumph through Christ and declare Him the Winner!

We turn to our God and upon Him we wait,
For no other warfare within can succeed,
And thus we are saved from our sinful estate,
Delivered through Christ by the grace that we need.

O Lord, all the glory belongs now to You
For winning the war by the grace that we claim.
Through Jesus our Lord we can valiantly do
Whatever You call us to do in Your name.

No comments: