Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Our Goings are Of God

"Man's goings are of the LORD; how can a man then understand his own way?" (Proverbs 20:24). "Then answered Amos... I was no prophet.... The LORD took me as I followed the flock, and the LORD said unto me, Go, prophesy unto My people Israel" (Amos 7:14,15). "Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers by whom ye believed, even as the Lord gave to every man? I have planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase" (1 Corinthians 3:5-7).

By God alone our way is planned,
And by the Lord we are assigned.
This is the way we understand
Our purpose He would have us find.

The prophet Amos understood
That, though he once had followed herds,
The Lord had called him where He would
To clearly prophesy His words.

Apollos ministered with Paul
As they were each assigned their toil
By God, according to His call
To sow and water in His soil.

O Lord, we look to You today
To show our goings You foreknow,
To teach us what to do and say,
And lead us where we ought to go.

No comments: