Monday, September 26, 2011

Chance to Change

"I thought on my ways, and turned my feet unto Thy testimonies. I made haste, and delayed not to keep Thy commandments" (Psalm 119:59,60). "And the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the SECOND TIME, saying, Arise, go unto Nineveh, that great city, and preach unto it the preaching that I bid thee. So Jonah arose, and went in to Nineveh, according to the word of the LORD" (Jonah 3:1-3).

A second chance to Jonah came;
He hastily obeyed!
We likewise have enjoyed the same
When sometimes we have strayed.

A second chance, a third, and more;
Perhaps we cannot trace
The chances we have missed before
Extended by God's grace.

Then let us therefore gird our mind
To do as God has said,
Forgetting things which are behind
To reach for things ahead!

Lord, thank You for Your patient love
Which gives us yet a chance
To set our hearts on things above,
And in Your will advance.

No comments: