Thursday, November 12, 2009

Robbers Rebuffed

"Thou art my Portion, O LORD: I have said that I would keep Thy words.... The bands of the wicked have robbed me: but I have not forgotten Thy law.... I am a companion of all them that fear Thee, and of them that keep Thy precepts" (Psalm 119:57-63). "For whatsoever things were written aforetime were written for our learning, that we through patience and comfort of the Scriptures might have hope. Now the God of patience and consolation grant you to be likeminded one toward another according to Christ Jesus" (Romans 15:4,5).

Robbers with their deadly sword
Can't rob what matters most:
You are still my Portion, Lord,
No matter how they boast.

Secondly, I have Your Word
For comfort, hope, and trust.
The counsels of this world heard
Shall be reduced to dust.

Companions now of those who love
And fear You, Lord, I see
On earth below, and still above,
Are mine eternally!

The things that robbers take away,
Which rust and moths consume,
Are destined all to soon decay,
As flowers lose their bloom.

My Portion, Lord, is found in You,
The Lamb once sacrificed,
The Word of God forever true,
And fellow saints in Christ!

No comments: