Monday, November 02, 2009

Delivered from Death

"I love the Lord, because He hath heard my voice.... The sorrows of death compassed me.... Then called I upon the name of the Lord; O Lord, I beseech Thee, deliver my soul.... and He helped me.... Thou hast delivered my soul from death" (Psalm 116:1-8). "For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord" (Romans 6:23).

I love the Lord, but O how much more
The Lord in His mercy has greatly loved me!
I love Him because He loved me before
My sin-blinded eyes had been opened to see!

I love the Lord because He has heard
The prayer of my soul that was destined to die.
Fast came the answer from His precious Word,
Assuring my heart that the Lord heard my cry.

I love the Lord for His great sacrifice,
For He gave Himself to His very last breath.
There on the cross He was paying the price,
That I might through Him be delivered from death.

Sorrow and death are iniquity's wages,
But God gives His life through Christ Jesus our Lord.
We'll praise Him throughout all eternity's ages,
For life everlasting that His love could afford.

No comments: