Sunday, November 08, 2009

Enlightened on Enlarging

"Make me to understand the way of Thy precepts: so shall I talk of Thy wondrous works... Remove from me the way of lying, and grant me Thy Law graciously.... I will run the way of Thy commandments, when Thou shalt enlarge my heart" (Psalm 119:27,29,32). "Receive my instruction, and not silver; and knowledge rather than choice gold. For wisdom is better than rubies, and all the things that may be desired are not to be compared to it" (Proverbs 8:10,11).

Make me understand the way
Of all Your precepts I should know.
So shall I be bold to say:
How wondrous are the works You show!

The way of lies from me remove,
And grant Your Law now graciously
To lead, to teach, and to reprove,
For then the truth shall make me free.

Lord, now I think I understand
This concept of a heart enlarged:
It's making room for Your command
That I may run as You have charged.

Whatever obstacles there are,
Lord, please remove them all from me.
For Your commandments are by far
Of greater worth eternally!

No comments: