Sunday, November 22, 2009

Perfectly Pure

"Thy Word is very pure: therefore Thy servant loveth it" (Psalm 119:140). "The eyes of the Lord preserve knowledge... that Thy trust may be in the Lord, I have made known to thee this day, even to thee. Have not I written to thee excellent things in counsels and knowledge, that I might make thee to know the certainty of the words of truth, that thou mightest answer the words of truth to them that send unto thee?" (Proverbs 22:12,19-21).

Your Word, O Lord, is very pure,
Which You have taught my heart to love.
Your eyes preserve and thus ensure
Its sureness from Your throne above.

That I may put my trust in You,
This certainty You have made known:
That every word of God is true,
As steadfast as Your sovereign throne!

That I may know the certainty
Of all the words that You inspired,
You wrote them down in prophecy
Fulfilling them as You required.

That I may answer those who send
With questions lodged within their heart,
You showed me, Lord, I can depend
On every word that You impart.

Thank You for Your precious Word
That You have thus made understood!
With perfect purity ensured,
Lord, help us preach it as we should!

No comments: