Monday, November 16, 2009

Perfect Precepts

"Forever, O LORD, Thy Word is settled in heaven. Thy faithfulness is unto all generations.... I will never forget Thy precepts, for with them Thou hast quickened me.... I have seen an end of all perfection, but Thy commandment is exceeding broad" (Psalm 119:89-96). "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and will bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent" (1 Corinthians 1:19).

Forever, Lord, Your Word extends
Its truth to every generation.
The wisdom of this world ends,
And fails in its expectation.

Knowing this, I can't forget
The perfect precepts that You gave:
Your words have never failed yet,
Nor shall they ever cease to save.

This is where our souls can rest;
This is where we find our peace:
By His faithfulness we're blest
In His love which cannot cease.

No comments: