Thursday, November 19, 2009

Steadfast Stewards

"Let a man so account of us, as of the ministers of Christ, and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover, it is required in stewards, that a man be found faithful. But with me it is a very small thing that I should be judged of you, or of man's judgment: yea, I judge not mine own self. For I know nothing by myself; yet am I not hereby justified: but He that judgeth me is the Lord" (1 Corinthians 4:1-4).

Stewards of the mysteries
That God would have revealed,
There's only One you need to please,
To whom you ought to yield.

That One is Jesus Christ your Lord,
Who gave to you your mission.
No other person or reward
Should turn from Him your vision.

How sweet is this simplicity
To live for Christ alone,
The One who died to make us free,
And ransom all His own!

Search us, Lord, expose our ways
Before Your searching eyes,
Until we give You all the praise,
And our own pride despise!

Teach us, Lord, each day to live
Accountably to You,
To use each blessing that You give
As steadfast stewards do.

No comments: