Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Liberty of Love

"And take not the word of truth utterly out of my mouth.... and I will walk at liberty... I will speak of Thy testimonies, and will not be ashamed" (Psalm 119:43-46). "Hatred stirreth up strifes: but love covereth all sins... The labor of the righteous tendeth to life.... The lips of the righteous feed many" (Proverbs 10:12,16,21). "Let love be without dissimulation.... Be kindly affectioned one to another with brotherly love" (Romans 12:9,10).

Take not Your word from my conversation;
Lord, guard me from falling from Your liberty.
The privilege of speaking of Your great salvation
Is drawn from the fountain of Your love for me.

Take not Your work from my laboring hands,
Lord, guard me from hatred that only stirs strife.
There's love in the liberty of Your commands
That covers all sins and produces new life!

Take not Your power in word or in deed
Bestowed by your mercy from heaven above.
How many the lips of the righteous thus feed!
How great is the harvest when reaping in love!

No comments: