Monday, October 30, 2006

What in the World?

"And now, Lord, what wait I for? My hope is in Thee" (Psalm 39:7). "Days.... riches.... beauty... surely every man is vanity.... O spare me, that I may recover strength, before I go hence, and be no more" (Psalm 39:5,6,11,13).

What in the world, Oh Lord, wait I for?
My hope is forever in Jesus alone.
Before I am hurled from here evermore,
Let me endeavor to make His love known.

Our days here are fleeting, our riches are vain;
They're passing away like a withering rose.
Our beauty, depleting, soon turns to disdain,
Consumed everyday like our moth-eaten clothes.

Lord, why should we labor for things that are not,
And fight to the end for our temporal store?
Lord, grant us Your favor in what we have wrought,
As servants You send, and Your soldiers in war.

No comments: