Saturday, October 07, 2006

Righteousness for Wretchedness

"And Moses said unto to the Lord.... If I have found favor in Thy sight... let me not see my wretchedness" (Numbers 11:11,15). "O wretched man that I am! Who shall deliver me from the body of this death? I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.... For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness.... For the Scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on Him shall not be ashamed" (Romans 7:24,25, 10:10,11).

Lord, You've seen the worst of me
In all my wretchedness,
And yet You went to Calvary
To give me righteousness.

That wretched man You know I am,
I'll never fully see.
For You have suffered as the Lamb
That I may righteous be.

Your holy eyes behold it all,
My nature so depraved,
But You have bidden me to call
Upon You and be saved.

And thus You've hidden from my view
My sinfulness and shame,
And turned my eyes instead to You,
To call upon Your name.

No comments: