Sunday, October 08, 2006

Transient Treasure

"Men of this world... have their portion in this life... whose belly Thou fillest with Thy hid treasure: they are full of children,and leave the rest of their substance to their babes. As for me, I will behold Thy face in righteousness: I shall be satisfied, when I awake, with Thy likeness" (Psalm 17:14,15). "That in the ages to come He might show the exceeding riches of His grace in His kindness toward us through Christ Jesus" (Ephesians 2:7). "For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face" (1 Corinthians 13:12). "And they shall see His face" (Revelation 22:4).

Those who only hold their treasure
In this passing world today,
Soon shall find, to their displeasure,
Their transient treasure hurled away.

As for me, I shall be behold
My Savior face to face,
And through the ages He'll unfold
The riches of His grace.

No comments: